The importance of handwashing and sanitising has been spoken about a LOT over the past 18 months. Pre-pandemic, other than in healthcare settings, handwashing or sanitising facilities for visitors and customers were usually only found in washrooms. Today, people expect to be able to sanitise hands in shops, pubs, restaurants, leisure facilities, at school or college. In fact, anywhere that is open to the public should have an effective hand hygiene system installed.5th May marks the World Health Organization’s annual hand hygiene advocacy day. Since lockdown restrictions set to relax even further over the coming weeks too, here are five top tips to build a successful hand hygiene culture amongst your staff, visitors, and clientele.
1) Ensure hand washing or sanitising facilities are accessible. Ensure dispensers are positioned at the entrances / exits and high traffic areas, such as reception areas or
points of sale.
2) Given the frequency with which people sanitise hands, formulations must be dermatologically tested, but also effective at killing germs in fast contact times. Look for products that conform to key standards including EN 14476 and EN1276 for reassurance of their efficacy.
3) Consider investing in touch-free dispensers, which release the correct dose of product without making physical contact with hands. This enhances hygiene ratings.
4) Facilities occupied by children, such as schools or soft play centres, should consider installing equipment and supplies that have been designed with little ones in mind. For example, supply products that will engage and encourage hand hygiene practice, like our popular Jangronauts range. Dispensers and basins should also be positioned at a lower height to enable ease of use.
5) Place notices at key hot spots. These remind people, not only to wash or sanitise hands, but also the best techniques and the duration required for an effective clean. We offer a range of free, downloadable wall charts, guides and posters at Jangro.net.
At Jangro, we supply a wide range of hand hygiene equipment and products, including dispensers, perfumed and unperfumed liquid soaps, foams, sanitising gels and wipes. Details can be found in our Cleaning & Hygiene Supplies Catalogue.For more information about our innovative range for children, head to the Jangronauts website. For more information or advice, please call our friendly distributors on 01204 795 955 or visit Jangro.net.