September heralds a new academic year, but the start of a new term usually means new germs. It’s not surprising – bacteria and viruses thrive in schools, where children frequently play and work together closely.
Important lessons were learned during the COVID-19 crisis, so let’s not return to pre-pandemic complacency when it comes to hygiene in schools, nurseries and other educational facilities. Here are our top 5 tips for a healthy learning environment this term:
Hand hygiene before entering the classroom
- Washing and sanitising hands became a routine part of entering the classroom last year. Keep this practice up to prevent germs from entering the school building.
Hand hygiene in the washroom
- Make sure facilities are in good working order and are suitable for young children. Our Jangronauts range is perfect for little ones; it features four handwashing heroes and fun messaging to engage and encourage hygienic behaviour.
Use products that are effective and fast-acting
- All hygiene products (for both hands and surfaces) should have antibacterial and antiviral efficacy. Earlier this year, we expanded our Jangro Professional range. It now includes Jangro Professional Antiviral Disinfectant, a powerful multi-purpose, bactericidal, ready-to-use cleaner and sanitiser, and Jangro Professional Antiviral Hand Wash. Both have passed key standards EN14476, EN1276, and EN13697, proving they kill 99.99% of germs and viruses.
Remember to wipe touchpoints frequently
- As well as regular hand hygiene, don’t forget to sanitise areas that are often touched by different people. High touch points include the backs of chairs, door knobs, or the handles on windows, which are recommended to remain open to help ventilate rooms.
Brush up on the best techniques
- We haven’t forgotten that teaching staff are not professional cleaning operatives. So, to ensure an A-grade clean is achieved (whilst protecting personal health and safety), it’s a good idea to brush up on the best techniques. Our versatile and innovative training software, the Jangro Learning Management Solution (LMS), provides handy reference guides so that staff receive full marks on their clean!