I have always been passionate about the cleaning industry, and the valuable contribution it makes to society, but over the past few months and in these continuing ‘unprecedented times’, this has finally been recognised. Our sector has proved it is essential to the smooth running of any organisation, and indeed the whole country, and it was heartening to hear them championed in parliament recently.
I am proud of the entire Jangro team during these troubled times. COVID-19 has impacted businesses in so many different ways, and here at Jangro, it’s been no different. We have been doing our utmost to support the nation, prioritising supplies for the frontline healthcare workers, whilst also working hard to continue fulfilling all other orders. To do this, our members across the UK & Ireland have had to implement changes to ensure business can continue as safely as possible, and in many cases, have really gone the extra mile.
Here are just a few examples of the positive things Jangro is doing to help keep the country moving:
• We have prioritised frontline healthcare and key worker accounts and were proud to supply cleaning trolleys, mop buckets, and other equipment to the NHS Nightingale Yorkshire and the Humber, based at the conference centre in Harrogate
• Following an SOS on the North West Tonight TV program, we sourced and supplied PPE (masks, aprons, coveralls) and skincare products to Macclesfield District General Hospital
• All stores have been closed to the public and collection areas have been set up at certain branches. We also reduced operating hours to ensure staff are getting enough respite during these difficult times
• We have introduced social distancing within our offices and warehouses to enhance safety, and where employees are capable of working from home, they are doing so
• Drivers have been kitted out with PPE and are no longer entering customers’ premises. In a bid to keep contact to a minimum, signatures are not currently been sought for paperwork
• To help fulfil orders in a timely fashion, extra evening and weekend shifts have been organised
• Every order is being reviewed, especially those for key, high demand items, to ensure that all customers continue to receive their orders, rather than just a few
• We have helped, where possible, health or care facilities (e.g. care homes) that have little or no supplies, after having been let down by their existing distributor
• We are also doing everything we can to keep customers stocked up on essential items, such as anti-viral disinfectant, effective against the coronavirus
As the country eases out of lockdown, there will be even more pressure on the cleaning industry to ensure spaces are clean, hygienic, and healthy. So I want to dedicate this blog to all of those working hard in the industry – thank you for all you are doing. It is so appreciated.
For more information about Jangro, please visit www.jangro.net